Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ais Kacang Puppy Love

Had my first local Chinese movie production today title " Ais kacang Puppy Love". I was rather skeptical about it since it was a local product and on top of that I seldom watch chinese show in cinema, somehow I think it is not as worthy. But this movie proved me wrong. It was about, well basically there were a few dramas involving 3 families. The synopsis is as such :

Ice Kacang Puppy Love is a profoundly emotional tale of teenager’s puppy love, parental love, generation gap, truth and make-believe. Set in a unique small town of 1980’s Malaysia, the story evolves between a nice but shame boy – Botak and a brave and adventurous girl – Da Jia Yu.
I think this site did a pretty good review about the story. Click here. Check out the website http://www.icekacangpuppylove.com/

I think it this move showed how feelings evolved and how people complicate love. It also depicts that family love is unconditional and strong, at the end of the day you will have them to hold on too, love is courage, and how people toughen up in precipice of life and how sometimes we misunderstood the people who loves us the most, yet we turn our back to them, in this case would be our parents. As for love and relationship, this show brings out the eagerness to fall in love, the unspoken love yet you know it is there and the unrequited love. And how the first feeling of being in love will always remain and unforgettable, well because it was the first.
I could feel in sincerity brought out by the cast and the plot of the story, very heart warming and heart wrenching at the same time. Like I said it was a potpourri of emotions, yet something to learn. KUDOS to Ah niu the director and the cast.


Setting of this movie is Ipoh, I was rather homesick, but this simple movie made me felt like home..I had a great time with my coursemates too and a nice short bump with my fellow Mcted and Patty..just love them =)




No comments:

Post a Comment